Forum Home user cp Members Faq? Calendar
USM News & Home page Downloads USM Store Contact USM Links Mission    
Register Today!

Welcome to the UnitedStatesMilitia.com community !

As a citizen of the United States, you are a member of the Constitutionally guaranteed unorganized militia.

Everything you have heard about militias from the media is likely wrong. Main stream news has primarily reported on the negative stereotypes and criminal activity of groups that have nothing to do with militia. The true militia has exactly the opposite purpose; to uphold the law and the Constitution.

The USM is a growing community of Americans that believe that the supreme laws of our Constitution must be diligently protected and upheld. Fostering the lawful rebirth of State militia is a crucial step in preserving the Republic.

America promises freedom for all and we pride ourselves on being inclusive; Every Color, Every Culture, One Country.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access. Take a moment to join our community and you will join hundreds of members with access to special features. Registration is easy and free and carries no obligation.

If you have any questions, or any problems with the registration process, please CLICK HERE to contact us.

Not A Member Yet? REGISTER today and become part of the USM community.

Go Back   United States Militia Forums > The Green Dragon Tavern > Gun Rights & Gun Control
USM Store Donate to USM.com USM Video Classroom USM Quiz Center USM Awards

Old 12-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #1
e.c.c.
Milites

USA State:
e.c.c. has embarked on a distinguished road
Default Obama may bypass Congress on semi-automatic firearms ban

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2012/12/...arms-ban-10062
Old 12-19-2012, 05:29 PM   #2
oneconstitutionalist
Recruit

USA State:
oneconstitutionalist has embarked on a distinguished road

yes they would
Old 12-19-2012, 07:13 PM   #3
AtomicPenny

USA State:
AtomicPenny has embarked on a distinguished road

“No free man shall ever be de-barred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government” – Thomas Jefferson

"To conquer a nation, first disarm its citizens" - Hitler

Obama has an unprecedented amount of personal power in his position as President. I think the threat of him circumventing Congress as much as possible in this endeavor is very real.

The details of what they are planning on banning (as I've read, who knows what the truth is at this point) is very interesting. AR-15's were mentioned numerous times. Over the past few years those have been an "it" gun, so perhaps that's why? But there was no mention of AK's, SKS, hell the Saigas, etc. "Magazines will be limited to no more than 10 rounds." I know many states already pose restrictions, NH isn't one of them so I've never dealt with that before and have tons of mags that are way over that limit. "No private party sales of firearms." Hah! Seriously? That just turns the every day deal into a black market every day deal. If anyone has any potentially reliable sources on these details please share links!! I'd love to stay as up to date as possible.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #4
bluesfan1967

USA State:
bluesfan1967 has embarked on a distinguished road

what he is doing with executive orders is illegal but the media and the congress are betraying the constitution they swore to uphold and we are being enslaved. be ready my brothers to weather the storm of oppression that is coming.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:12 PM   #5
goodcomdeadcom

USA State:
goodcomdeadcom has embarked on a distinguished road

Greetings, and God bless.

Hello everyone. I am William. This is my first post here and I thank you all for providing this venue.

Quite aside from the colossal human tragedy of the whole thing, the Newtown massacre has me worried. Posted below is what my gut is telling me about it. I wrote it up the other day and I've posting it where I can around the web. If it's alright with you good folks, I'd like to put it here. This looks like the most relevant thread to me, but if Admin thinks it belongs somewhere else, or nowhere, I will comply.

Thanks.

Gun Control And The Connecticut Massacre, A Brief Discussion At A Firearms Blog

By William Tuttle

The subject of gun control laws, after a long and unlamented absence, is emerging into the public arena again. This time it’s different. I get a sense of end-game in the air and I’m not alone in this. There are, however, people on our side, perfectly rational and reasonable people who nevertheless don’t read it that way. I hope they’re right, but I see an element of denial in their understanding of the situation. For example, I posted the following observations on a firearms blog the other day:

“Greetings and God bless.

For the last several years the democrats and other proponents of a government monopoly on force have been very reluctant to even bring up the subject of gun control, let alone push for it. It has been a losing proposition politically for them, but given the current political configuration in DC and the country in general, I think that is about to change. I've been prowling around in the web, looking at the progressive side of things and my gut is telling me that the gun-control camp has decided that this nightmare in Connecticut is the issue upon which they are going to make their stand. The President has momentum, the Republicans in the House are disorganized, shell-shocked and dis-oriented by the all-out assault from the left on the economic front and of course the media is doing everything in its very considerable power to assist the left in keeping them off balance and in retreat. Now they are going to enthusiastically load Connecticut on top of all that. They will tell the world that not only do we, the conservative, free-market oriented people of America want to destroy children, the elderly, minorities and the poor by eliminating food stamps, health care, social security and Medicare in order to give all the people’s money to their rich friends, but now we want to facilitate baby-killers by supplying them with automatic weapons. I think Connecticut is the position from which the left is going to mount the all-out final assault on the possession of firearms. The onslaught is coming. There will be no quarter. As the British swept Washington out of New York at the Battle of Brooklyn, we may be swept out of DC in the coming assault on the 2nd Amendment. Our stand will have to be made in the State Legislatures, the Counties and the Sheriff’s Offices. Get ready.”

I received this reply from a blog participant who calls himself, “EM”:

"I wouldn't worry too much. We had plenty of mass shootings (Virginia Tech for instance) back when both houses and the presidency were held by the Democrats. Plenty of insane gun control bills are introduced every single year, but never make it out of committee. Hell, an actual congress person got shot and nothing happened."

I thought about that for a while. It seemed to me that there might be a little tunnel-vision involved in EM’s perception of the issue. Gun control isn’t merely a bunch of hoplophobes pathetically trying to assuage their irrational fears through the legislative process. What we are facing isn’t a discreet, single-issue problem. Gun control is a sub-set of several parallel and interconnected threads and If EM has tunnel-vision that isn’t letting him take that into account, then perhaps it was because I hadn’t really made that explicit in my original post. I tried to remedy that in my response:

“Greetings, and God bless.

Hello, EM.

True, ever since the Clinton administration, gun control legislation has failed to gain traction, and if the current crop of House Republicans will stick to their guns then maybe further attempts to erode the 2nd Amendment will continue to die in committee. But there will be far more going on here than just a fight over gun control. A sea change is now under way, a ramping up to the next level of combat in the collectivist war on American liberty. For the last sixty years and more there has been ongoing in America, and the West in general, a quiet, slow-motion Bolshevik style revolution. Most of it, until recently, has consisted of silent but effective battlefield preparation and that work is essentially complete. The several different and seemingly unrelated threads of the Gramsciian "long march through the cultural institutions of the west" are coming together. The entrenchment of the current administration marks the perfection of the processes that Lenin referred to as "pressure from above, pressure from below" ("top down, bottom up" for those familiar with Glenn Becks analysis of this subject). The grassroots revolutionaries, over decades, have built up the "mass organizations" necessary for successful revolution (this is what Lenin meant when he stated the need to establish small, highly trained and motivated cadres of professional revolutionaries controlling masses of useful idiots). They are mature and in place, ready to be folded into a "united front". The revolutionaries have now established control of the Executive Branch and they have constructed arbitrary executive mechanisms under the supervision of "czars" which are operating parallel with, and independent of legitimate Constitutional entities. These revolutionaries have reached down to link with the grassroots revolutionaries. The "top down, bottom up" command and control structure is now integrated and operational. The collectivist social structures that are intended to be the alternative to the collapsing traditional institutions of American society are in place. The educational mechanisms for shaping hearts and minds are in place and operating. The media-based tools for manipulating the public understanding of reality are in place and operating. The order of battle is established. The deployment of assets is complete. All that remains is to pull the trigger. And that will be done in response to a "crisis". Most likely multiple and coordinated crisis.

It is within this context that Connecticut drops into their laps. The circumstances are qualitatively and quantitatively different than those surrounding any previous attempts at gun control legislation. Any such attempt in the current period will not be a stand-alone project. It will be a tactical move in a broader strategic action, and I expect that action to unfold between now and the 2014 election. Politically, the correlation of forces is optimal for the left at this moment. All the metrics are in their favor. As they see it now, we, the defenders of the Founders Republic, and the institutions available for us to work through, are disorganized, in flux, dis-oriented, discouraged, pulled in several different directions at once, increasingly isolated, separated from a support base and in general mismatched against an enemy that has raised the art of political warfare to an exact science. They are very good at it. We are not. They believe that they have structured the political battlefield so effectively that essentially, all that remains for them to do is reduce the enemy in detail, but they know this strategic situation will not remain static indefinitely. The outcome of the 2014 elections, in all probability, will be less than desirable from their standpoint. They have every reason to believe that the time to push their revolution to the next level is now. So, in light of all this, what are the odds that the current and upcoming crop of House Republican will "stick to their guns" while standing at the focus of a white hot media spotlight, drenched in the blood of Connecticut's children?

So, EM, I sure hope you're right, but I fear that the next push for gun control is going to be orders of magnitude different that any that has come before.

I'm not trying to be discouraging or defeatist here. I speak of the collectivist perception of the situation. I'm not being Pollyanna here either. That perception, in too many ways, is dangerously close to the truth and we have to understand, and own that. My discussion is also framed in terms of political combat as opposed to physical conflict. Can this Marxist revolution go hot? Absolutely, but while pushing things to the limit so as to maintain momentum, the revolutionaries need to keep it just short of a shooting war, because that, of course, would change everything.

Which is an entirely different discussion.”
Old 12-23-2012, 05:14 AM   #6
Honest John

USA State:
Honest John has embarked on a distinguished road
Default Hello

I am happy to join with all of you - this is my first time posting - so please overlook my errors.

I certainly do not trust Obama - he is attempting to take this country in the wrong direction and seems to be accomplishing it.
The real fault, I believe, rests with a congress who certainly do not represent we the people. I do not trust either party! They all are pretty much the same.
We elect them based on what they promise; however, when they get there the culture of corrupton sets in and all they care about is feathering their own nests and to "heck" with what the people want or need.
Isn't it amazing that with the illegal "immigrants" all that they want is another liberal vote.
We might as well hang out signs on the border that say, "Welcome to the land of milk and honey. Just come on in and get on the welfare rolls."

Glad to be a part of something that represents the basic values of the OLD USA.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #7
Dannyt

USA State:
Dannyt has embarked on a distinguished road
Angry

I only have one thing to say: I WILL NOT COMPLY!!!!
Old 01-01-2013, 07:36 PM   #8
e.c.c.
Milites

USA State:
e.c.c. has embarked on a distinguished road

I just came across this over the past weekend and thought I'd pass it along...

Massive Anti-Obama Rally Planned For Inauguration Day

http://minutemennews.com/2012/12/mas...uguration-day/
Old 01-18-2013, 12:34 AM   #9
emmasott

USA State:
emmasott has embarked on a distinguished road

The US State semi-auto ban issue has a clear vision for a bullet free and peaceful environment. The discussion over the right to own guns is the most popular topic today, coast to coast. Gun buyers are heating up sales, fearing that they may not be able to buy them down the road. Obama is thinking about using his executive order opportunity to push 19 different firearm control actions through, should they not pass Congress. The Countrywide Rifle Association is attempting to block the administration. It is a corporation that some believe is tied to the country's firearm sector, which generates $12 billion yearly. Pay for your gun with a cash advance.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:19 PM   #10
armed citizen
Recruit

USA State:
armed citizen has embarked on a distinguished road

Just read Frankensteins bill outlining guns to be banned. looks like I'm on the list. My line in the sand in drawn. My guns are grandfathered but have to be registered with the feds. I will not comply! Step on into Arizona and try to enforce this, let me know how that works for ya.

Well if there must be war let it be in my lifetime, so my children might know peace.